The White Mountain Central Railroad
The White Mountain Central Railroad is located within the grounds of Clark's Trading Post. Clark's Trading Post is both a museum and tourist attraction that includes a 2.5-mile train ride. While it is more a family theme park than a railroad museum, it is one of the few places in New England that consistently runs steam trains.
Ed Clark's "Eskimo Sled Dog Ranch" was opened by Florence M. and Edward P. Clark in 1928.
The business's original focus was the raising and exhibiting of Eskimo Sled Dogs.
In 1930, the first bears arrived on the premises, and they helped to catch the attention of travelers passing by on Route 3. The Bear Show debuted in 1949. For more than half a century, the playful bears have been part of four generations of the Clark family.
In the photo below brothers W. Murray and Edward M. Clark are laying the first stretch of track for the White Mountain Central Railway in 1955. The first train ride took place in July 30, 1958 and the total revenue was ten dollars.
The White Mountain Central Railroad is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media